Monday, November 7, 2011

Meal Planning....let's see how this goes....

So I decided to start "meal planning" to try and keep me from eating out every time I either don't have an idea for dinner or Dan is working late. It was getting a bit ridiculous and expensive! I figure it will also be cheaper and will make grocery shopping easier since I will know the plan for the week.

Breakfast and Lunch - we mostly eat bagels (I always have some frozen in the freezer), cereal or other random breakfast foods for breakfast. As for lunch 90% of the time it's leftovers and I always have my pantry stocked with soup. All three of us LOVE soup.

So dinner planning it is. I am pretty excited about this! So here it goes:

Monday: Easiest Dinner Ever!

My friend Marie posted this dish and it seriously is the easiest...and quite possibly one of the cheapest dinners out there! We all love it and since Giant Eagle has frozen chicken breasts on sale it was a no brainer.

Tuesday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Coleslaw

Wednesday: Cheap Mediterranean

I saw this episode and wanted to try it so bad. I will probably skip over the pan con tomate but we love sauteed veggies and I have a roasting chicken in my freezer (perfect!).

Thursday: Leftovers - time to clean out the fridge!

Friday - Spaghetti Dinner (So easy and yummy!)

Saturday - Turkey Dinner - since turkeys are $.69/lb at Marcs and GE, how does a Turkey dinner sound. I plan to make lots of stuff with the leftovers but you will have to check back and see what I concoct.

Sunday - Turkey Dinner Leftovers - I have been researching some turkey pot pie recipes to use some of my leftovers with. I also plan to make some banging turkey sandwiches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment