Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shoulda bought stock....

....in whatever company makes the pouches for Happy Tots, Plum Baby, Earths best as well as all the other companies who are hopping on the baby food pouch bandwagon. I buy Happy Tot and Plum Baby pretty frequently and use them as snacks for Kayleigh. She loves that she can do it herself and I love that its a healthy organic snack with fruits and veggies.

How excited was I when I walked into the baby food isle of Target today and noticed that every big company now has a hand in this revolutionary idea! Hopefully that means some of the prices will go down. Today I bought maybe 20 different flavors in the following brands: Happy Tot (I find to be the cheapest but lacks veggie variety), Plum Baby, Earths Best and Ellas Kitchen. Ellas Kitchen was by far the most expensive but had the most amazing flavors. In the parking lot Kayleigh signed to me that she was hungry and I promptly opened her a Pumpkin, Cranberry and Apple snack that she devoured in minutes.

I'm writing this because it has come to my attention that a lot of moms don't know what the hell I am talking about when I talk about these pouches. How about the moms that look at me perplexed at the fact that I still give my child babyfood. Hold on, back up...still? If you didn't know Kayleigh refused babyfood at 6 months old! Yep shes been getting table food since 6 months. Around 11 months my friend Nici told me about the baby food pouches and how Kayleigh would probably love them because she could do it herself. Boy was she right! I look at these like smoothies, they do not replace a meal and I feel they are a healthy snack and won't slow my childs food development since shes been eating food for quite some time now.

Also, one more note. To any moms out there worried that "this is babyfood" "my child is too big" blah blah blah. I hope to leave you with this tidbit of information that should help you realize that this stuff is just not for babies. I was in NYC a few weeks back and I must have seen about 50+ children between the ages of 3-10 having these pouch snacks. They were the Happy Tot and plum baby brands too. What does that mean? Well probably that I am a chic city mom trend setter and that we should just all hop on the pouch band wagon. Just kidding, you can make whatever decision you want, but I just wanted to let some moms know of another healthy snack out there!

2 comments:

  1. I've totally thought about buying these for Lincoln just because like you said, it'd be a very healthy snack for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its Laura,

    first of all, i feel like these are like apple sauce, and heck i still eat apple sauce...

    second, as you know meg, I work w kids K's age and older, and when we have snack in class half the kids have these pouches!

    people these days are so worried about milestones they don't realize that at 17 months they are still babies and this kind of thing will delay NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete