Monday, September 12, 2011

Melt in your mouth Pot Roast recipe!

Giant Eagle had a pretty amazing 2 for 1 deal on bottom round roasts this past week and you better believe I snatched a few to stock my freezer with. I did make one this past Sunday and let me tell you...it was divine. It's very simple and I just used what I had in my fridge and pantry (which was unusually stocked to the brim due to company and parties that occurred in weeks past).

I am NOT a recipe person. In fact I usually drive anyone who follows a recipe to the tee, insane. I did however try and record what I did for my pot roast so that I could share it with my friends. I know a lot of my fellow Ohio moms took advantage of the Giant Eagle deal so I wanted to post it A.S.A.P.

Here it is:

  • 1 (2-3 pound) bottom round roast
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1 package of dry onion soup mix
  • half-whole bag of baby carrots or just use about 6 large carrots sliced up (I like using a lot of carrots because of the baby)
  • 3 stalks of celery diced up
  • 1 medium to large onion sliced
  • 3 scallions (green and white parts) diced
  • 3-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
  • 6 red potatoes quartered
There are the ingredients...are you ready for the next step? Throw everything in a crock pot and stir well. Cover and cook for 6 hours on high. I didn't do anything to the meat, but you can trim the fat to make it more figure friendly. After about 5 hours if you pick the meat up with a fork it will just fall apart. Are you drooling yet?

I served this over some egg noodles which was FANTASTIC! I don't have any pictures of my masterpiece but from now on I will try and take pictures of recipes I make that I want to share. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment