Thursday, September 13, 2012

Riley Niamh: Month 6!!

Six months. The fact that you are almost seven months old is even scarier. You won't be a baby much longer and the fact that you want so much to be like your older sister, I fear you are going to leave your babyhood behind that much faster.

In case I blink and you have grown up already, I just want you to know that you have been a wonderful baby! You love to cuddle and you like to just chit chat to me after a little nursing snack. Lately though, those chit chats are getting shorter and shorter, as are the snacks. You contort yourself off the recliner and onto the floor where you promptly army crawl towards your sister, or a toy that is more than likely a choking hazard.

The second child. So much different than the first time around. You could care less about sophie the giraffe. Naps are a joke and that is alright with me because you are so content with just watching your sister play. You look at her with complete amazement. Unfortunately, the same does not go for your sister. Already, you are a pest to her. You see, Kayleigh likes to organize and I have yet to meet a six month old that is into the whole organization thing and not the "hulk smash" mentality. It's ok though, this is what sisters do and you guys are working through it.

So this is the part where I put up pictures of you in your onesie with those monthly stickers. LUCKILY, my readers will be spared.

I am delighted to introduce you to someone who should have been on this blog before. She has been a huge inspiration and a bit of a mentor in my little photography hobby. She has taken amazing pictures of my children numerous times now. Yep, it's Jackie! I met her through a new moms group and I am so thankful that she is in my life to capture the beauty and innocence of my children.

So if you live in the CLE area and think you need some pics taken of your little one she is the person to go to! She does newborn too and quite well. Check out her website here. Thank you so much Jackie! You have a real talent and I can't wait for you to take more pictures of my kids in the future.

So when she sent me my pictures I was speechless!!! To look at a picture and see the personality of a child is the artwork of a good photographer. My Riles is curious, sweet, smiley, easy going and obsessed with her sister. You see that in the photos. Check it out yourself. I think they are the best I have ever seen. The models are pretty cute too so that may have a little something to do with it  ;)

These are my favorite of Miss Riles from her six month shoot:














Thanks again Jackie! I love every photo you took, they are perfect.

So, Riley, what have you been up to?

- You are crawling. Right now just army crawling but you can cross a room in seconds!
- You have pulled yourself up but I have yet to witness it.
- You are waving!
- You are clapping!
- You are pointing!
- You are really good at eating puffs...you got that whole fine motor skill thing down.
- You LOVE Mickey Mouse clubhouse and you have taken over any mickey mouse toys of Kayleighs. Clearly, they are now YOUR toys and she could care less so everyone is happy!
- You eat everything now. Baby food and not so baby food. You eat A LOT!
- You aren't sleeping as well as you used to. I am not sure if it is teeth, or the fact that you love your mommy. I am ok with this since I know it will pass and one day I will be waking you to hang out with me.

OK...I couldn't help it...you can imagine...you are no fun to photograph anymore. You crawl away and you were eating your monthly sticker...hence my brilliant idea of putting it on your back...and getting a picture of you crawling away since that's all you wanted to do anyways.














No comments:

Post a Comment