Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Riley Niamh: 3 months!!

Holy cow! You are actually 4 months now, but here is what you did in month 3:






- 5/22 - You rolled over! You rolled from you back to stomach first but have seemed to have mastered the belly to back.
- You love to take a bath and we recently discovered the bumbo seat makes a great bath seat!
- You love to be held and snuggled.
- You laugh and smile all the time. You stay true to your name smiley riley
- You watch your sister eat intently. I have a feeling we will be starting you on food soon.
- Your favorite toys right now are the crinkle book, sophie and your purple bunny rattle. You also love playing with mommys hands
- You are obsessed with your binky. It quiets you up immediately.
- I love that if I put a blanket over your face you fall asleep! Your sister used to do the same thing with roger. It's like you are a little bird and once the lights go out you pass out.
- You love going to the playground and going on the swing!
- You talk so much! Just baby talk but you love when someone talks to you and you patiently wait your turn to respond.
- You are very ticklish and belly laugh pretty much on a daily basis
- You are wearing mostly 6 month clothes!! Chunky Monkey!


Where did my little baby go?


"Babies Don’t Keep"

Mother, Oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t her (OR HIS) eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
~Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment