Thursday, August 2, 2012

Embrace the Camera: 8/2/2012

So earlier this week Kayleigh and I did something we don't get to do often. We had a mommy and Kayleigh date. It was amazing and I want to do it more often. I forgot how much fun this little peanut can be one on one. 

We went to see BRAVE. You know, that new Disney princess movie that Kayleigh has been dying to see!! Wait, maybe that was me jumping up and down and the idea of going to see the movie. She has had a Merida doll for months now. 





I admit, I was a nervous wreck. Probably more apprehensive than I was when giving birth to my second child. All the normal questions rattled my brain:

Is she old enough?
Will we even make it through the previews?
What if she screams and throws a huge temper tantrum and all the other parents laugh at me?
Am I about to waste a ton of money?

Go away stupid questions for placing fear and doubt in the behavior of my little one. She is AMAZING!

Apparently, yes she is old enough. 

Not only did we make it through forty minutes of previews and a really boring short, we made it to the credits!

This was us at the end of the movie!

 Besides the four elderly people, we were the only ones in the theatre. SCORE!

The AMC by us is a "value theatre" so the tickets were only $4.50 each. Also I got Kayleigh a value meal with popcorn, lemonade and fruit snacks for $6.25. So we spent $15. Not too bad.

I remember looking over at my little bug and tearing up. She has grown so fast and yes it is too fast but I love all the cool, fun things we can do now. We are making memories. 



Going to her first movie, sharing some popcorn with her mommy and that face...when Merida appeared. The amazement of the size of the screen and how beautiful every detail is. You see the utter joy in her eyes. You can never appreciate how much time and effort Disney puts into their films until your little one starts pretending shes on a horse because that's what it looks like, it looks like you are galloping through the Scottish plains on Angus, the horse.



 So there you go, that is my bug's first experience at a movie. I love you bug. I love your excitement for life, how gentle you are with Riley and your curiosity and inquisitiveness. I LOVE that you say "I love you too, momma" every night before you fall asleep. I love how you rub Roger, your bunnys ear, to fall asleep. I LOVE YOU. I could sit here all day and name everything I love, but I just don't think the internet has that kind of room to store all that I love about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment