Friday, August 10, 2012

I like to eat, eat, eat...PIZZA QUESADILLAS!

So anyone out there who has kids knows that sometimes they are really hard to feed. I'm pretty lucky in the fruits and veggies department so far. Kayleigh loves pretty much any fruit and several different kinds of vegetables. After that, it is slim pickins. Not only is it slim pickins but those pickins change daily.

One thing that she loves: Pizza. So we were over at a friends house and I mentioned that we were going to get pizza. I LOVE Little Ceasars five dollar pizza. Is there a better deal out there? Driving home I realized this has just got to stop. Most of the time I am too lazy to try and figure out what that child is going to eat. The other half I cringe at the thought of throwing food away. I was ambitious on this day. So what did I do?

First off I lied.

I told Kayleigh the pizza place was closed. She usually doesn't fight this fact but still wanted pizza since I said that is what we were going to have. "How about pizza quesadillas?" I ask.

Well....I got the run down of Chipotles #1 - "Yes! and beans, rice and apple juice!" She replied.

So we went back and forth a bit, because that's what a sane person does...argues with her two year old. I finally just made them and started eating. They were pretty good...Kayleigh thought it looked like pizza and picked it up and actually started eating them! I have been telling her she will have to try new things at school and the teachers make these at school so she was excited. Do you see the lying pattern going on here? She ate two whole pieces before she started this weird gagging thing she does when she doesn't like something. I am still marking this as a success!! Partially because I liked them so much.













No comments:

Post a Comment