Monday, January 2, 2012

Where have I been???

WOW! I have been busy. Sorry folks, I got caught up with the holidays and this whole being pregnant thing. So I hope you all enjoyed your holidays. We are looking forward to 2012 being an awesome year. We are expecting our second baby, a little girl, and we are planning to name her Riley Niamh. How is the baby doing? Well, at my last appointment (which was like a month ago, but I was distracted, remember?) everything was normal. I have a glucose level of 110, which the doctor said was perfect. Now, the only reason I am bringing this up is because my diet lately has consisted of oreos, pepsi and other chocolate products. It's actually very scary. My doctor said it was normal though and even though I am eating absolute crap, I do not have gestational diabetes. Hopefully she says the same thing at tomorrows appointment. Now, isn't eating all that junk just packing on the pounds for ya, you ask. Well actually no, at my last appointment I had only gained twelve pounds total. So I got the green light to continue indulging in my bad habits. Thanks doc!

This baby is wayyyy more active than Kayleigh ever was. I am also out of breath a lot because she is sitting so high. I admit, I told my husband the other day I was done being pregnant. It's just not as easy being pregnant when you have a toddler to run after. Don't worry though! This doesn't mean this baby is the last, I still want at least one more afterwards. I am just done with this one.

So here is a recap of the holidays. We had a WONDERFUL time with family and hope all of you did as well. A few things we did this holiday:

We visited the Cleveland Botanical Gardens for their Christmas Wintershow. It was very nice. We saw over a dozen themed decorated trees, gingerbread houses and then we got to explore the gardens themselves. They have an indoor area with ducks, insects and small animals so Kayleigh was in heaven. Oh, I also got our tickets on Groupon and basically paid for only one adult instead of two! Score!!

"Look at all these trees!"


"That snowman is just my size!"


Checking out La Cucarachas!
This is her sitting for one second to get a picture....



Trying to see the ducks...

You should always stop to smell the flowers!

 

We also had a very busy and hectic Christmas. We had eight people stay at our house bringing the grand total of people actually staying here to eleven. Holy crap that is a lot of people. It all worked out though. One of the things I wanted to share with everyone was when Kayleigh made Christmas cookies with her Kiki (Grandmother). I need this cookie recipe because it was absolutely amazing! Kayleigh had such a fun time rolling out the dough, playing with the flour, eating the sprinkles and icing the cookies!










So I wanted Kayleigh to taste the frosting and this was her reaction....lol

That's all for now! 






1 comment:

  1. OMG, those pigtails with the holly are ridonkulously cute! SJ wouldn't sit still to decorate cookies, he would destroy them - LOL :)

    ReplyDelete