Wednesday, November 14, 2012

To be thankful

Someone is always going to have a bigger house or nicer car than you and you will never win the race if you are constantly comparing yourself materialistically to others.

So here are some "things" that are not things at all that I am very thankful for:

1. I am thankful for my wonderful husband.

2. I have two beautiful healthy girls. I know I wanted all boys but I couldn't imagine my life without disney princesses, dressing up, coloring, barbies, dollhouses, dresses, jewelry, makeup.

3. I am thankful for my mom. I know we had a rough time while I was a teenager and young adult but now our relationship has blossomed. I love how involved she is with my babies and she is an inspiration to everyone wanting to better themselves. She goes to a gym 5+ days a week and looks like she is about 40. Also, she doesn't smoke anymore after indulging in the habit for 40+ years. You can do it too!

4. I am thankful for great in-laws. I am sorry but I won the lotto with this one. My MIL is more of a big sister than a typical MIL. My FIL is so caring and protective over my girls and it is great to see a tough harley man dance to any princess song that Kayleigh wants to dance to. WINNING!

5. I am thankful for family. I grew up with no biological grandparents so I wanted kids young so they could know their grandparents. Move over grandparents, my kids have GREAT GRANDPARENTS. How awesome is that? My kids are so lucky when it comes to family because both Dan and I have plenty. So I am SO thankful for all the aunts, uncles, godparents, cousins and grandparents that shower my kids with love and also shower Dan and I with reassurance that we are good parents because sometimes, that is all you need to hear.

6. I am thankful for all the new friends I have made and all their kids who keep mine busy.

7. I am thankful for my new passion of photography. I am nowhere near making it a career but it is a great hobby. Also, lightroom, the editing program, keeps me in the whole "tech world."

8. I am thankful for being able to stay home. Sure, we have made sacrifices but my baby is about to be three and I have not missed work at all. It goes to fast. I can always get that job back with that paycheck but I will never get these moments with my babies back.

9. Because I stay home, I have a lot of time to travel and I am thankful that I am able to experience new places with my husband and kids.

10. I am thankful that sometimes things get tough. We have had our share of roadblocks BELIEVE ME. I mean roadblock isn't even the word it's more like a bridge collapsing with us on it. We survived and we will be fine. The trials of life make us stronger and I love my little family more now because I know we can get through anything. Also, when things get tough it makes you think that saying about "When God closes a door he always opens a window" is very incorrect. It should go something like this: "When God closes a door, he opens the curtains and you see how f'ed up it is inside and you are glad you got out of that place." Thanks God for having our backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment