Thursday, January 31, 2013

Riley Niamh: 11 Months!

Can you believe it little one...you are almost ONE! Not yet though. You are still my toddling little baby. Even if it is just for a few more weeks. 

You have grown so much over the last month. I swear you are going to wake up and be a five year old any day now. You want so much to be like your big sister that you are just leaping over milestones.

Yep! You are walking. Not 100% of the time and only several steps at a time but you are crawling less and less. One thing I learned about you and walking (which I am sure will become you + doing anything) is that we can't force you to do it. If we try and get you to walk from one person to another..even your favorite person, Kayleigh, you quickly fall to your knees and crawl away. However, you will walk from one piece of furniture to another or just get up into a standing position without holding onto anything (yeah you mastered that a few weeks ago) and just toddle several steps before falling on your butt. Kayleigh is always very excited when she spots you crossing a room! 

So what have you been up to?

  • You are walking!! Like I said not 100% of the time but I am sure you will leave crawling behind in a few weeks
  • You EAT EVERYTHING. Seriously, I have never seen such a little person eat so much! I know I will be complaining about your lack of eating pretty soon but here is documentation that at one time you did stuff yourself silly.
  • Did I say little person? Girl, you are wearing mostly 18 month clothes! You are going to be talllllll.
  • You have started talking. At least trying to mimic what we say. So far you say:
    • Ball
    • Mickey - Nickey
    • More
    • BaBa - you actually say mama for this most times but refuse to call me mama...nice I am just a giant bottle to you :)
    • Night Night - NighNigh
    • Pooh - Pooh
  • You still put your arms in the air when you are all done. Actually you have started throwing your food on the floor and going "uh oh." If I hear that I usually know you are done.
  • You put your face in the water at bath time and blow bubbles. I have no idea where you learned that from but it is awfully cute!
  • You sit in the book nook corner and babble away to yourself and read to yourself. So cute. You aren't very good at wanting someone else to read to you...you usually get bored. I guess you read it better right? 
  • You love to pretend to tickle someone and go "ticka ticka ticka" as you tickle them. 
  • You are still nursing 2-4 times a day! You LOVE your bottle of whole milk though. 
  • You could possibly the happiest kid ever. Always smiling and laughing
  • You did have your first temper tantrum the other day. You just threw yourself on the floor and kicked your feet and screamed. This stopped when you realized all three of your audience members had left the room. 
  • You give the best kisses and hugs. You are always down for some snuggle time.
"I love you through and through. Yesterday, today and tomorrow, too"


No comments:

Post a Comment