Saturday, October 8, 2011

Freeze! & Embrace the Camera!!

That's what I feel like Kayleigh should do at this age. Freeze so she can be my little buddy forever. I love having conversations with her everyday, talking about what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner and getting millions of hugs and kisses everyday! She is so lovey all of a sudden and I am enjoying every moment of it. I love when I am in the kitchen and I hear "MOMMY!" She just wants to know what I am doing most of the time and then goes back to playing. I love that you love your big girl bed and are sleeping like a champ which we have been missing since you were about 6 months old and started crawling and pulling yourself up. I LOVE that you are so attentive and caring to your baby dolls. You feed them, try to put them down for a nap, pretend to flip them in the air just like Daddy does with you. It makes me confident that you are going to be a loving, doting and protective big sister as well as mentor to this little girl who is growing in my belly.

Speaking of little girl growing in my belly...can we say active?? I have already felt hiccups on more than one occasion and her little kicks and punches are beginning to pack a punch! She also moves a lot whenever Kayleigh is throwing a fit which I think is hilarious. I think it's hilarious now until in about two years when they set each other off and I have two toddlers throwing a temper tantrum. Oh well, you can't dwell on the negatives, right?

So my little bug, I know you have your off days but let me tell you that I feel you have outdone yourself the last few days. I seriously wish I could bottle up everything about you right now and save it for years from now when I need a boost.

As most of you reading this know, Steve Jobs passed away earlier this week. Honestly, I didn't know the guy (surprising right?). I am so sorry that he passed away a young man, but the reason I am bringing this up is because someone posted one of his quotes which I would like to share with all of you:

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on." - Steve Jobs

Thank you Steve Jobs for the words of wisdom and thank you Kayleigh for helping me love what I do. As much as I love our little relationship right now (I am like a god to you right now, who wouldn't love that?) I long for the days when we can go shopping together, get a mani-pedi, watch beaches...obviously without your father. It's only going to get better, but for now, its pretty close to perfect!
 


I love you bugger!!




No comments:

Post a Comment